(Administrator)

Reg. Datum: 27.11.11

Reko 65 - Road Ontario International 2006 - 08.05.2018

Chat
OK

Qualification
OK

Start Zone
Grid1: Yannick Verheijen makes a jump start, stopped and restarted. He ignores the black flag with time penalty. As a reminder, here are our rules.
Zitat:

§ 3.4 Flag rules
Black flag: Penalty. Is waved when a jumpstart is being made or if you are driving in opposite direction. You have to stop at your pitbox within three laps and have to wait for a moment before you can continue your race. If you do not stop at your pitbox, GPL will take you out of the results.

Note:
Blue or black flags are only visible for the drivers for who they are being waved. All other flags can be seen by other drivers as well.
When you are disqualified (‘DQ’), this incident will be investigated by the Race Stewards (Reko), because GPL can make a mistake regarding this in some cases.
If you ignore the warnings given by the flags (in particular the blue and yellow flags) you will be investigated by the Reko and may get a penalty (see § 3.3 and § 8).

Reko Decision: Yannick Verheijen is DQ from this race.

Grid1: Stefan Roess, with 4 wheels off track after T3, no other involved. No further action.
Grid1: Roo, with 4 wheels off the track in T4, no other involved. No further action.
Grid2: Bastian Grup, with 4 wheels off the track after T2, no other involved. No further action.
Grid2: Andre Vitoria, with 4 wheels off the track in T4, no other involved. No further action.

Penalties
There were no drivers with penalty in this race.

Reko Mail
The Reko received a reko mail to review incident between Pedro vd Berg and Yannick Verheijen on lap 1.
Yannick is following Pedro closely for several corners as they approach T12. Pedro goes deeper into the corner and leaves an opening on the inside.
Yannick switches from out to inside and is side by side in the corner when Pedro closes the gap. It was an optimistic with high risk move trying to pass.
Reko Decision: No further action, Yannick is already DQ from the race.

Shift times
Shift times were OK for all drivers.

Special
Torsten Kuehnel submitted a PB but didn't attend the race. With 19/20 drivers we have to decide for 1 or 2 grids.
If you do not race, please delete your PB. You can also do that on race day to submit a 00:00:00 time.

There were several freezes in the race.

The Reko

16.05.18, 07:32:45
| E-Mail | Private Nachricht | Suchen | | Zitat | Editieren | IP-Adresse |

roo

(User)

Reg. Datum: 17.11.15

thanks reko freuen

roo
The House
The House on Vimeo
mixcloud
16.05.18, 08:48:11

Bastian Grupp

(Gold-Member)

Reg. Datum: 18.01.11

Question:

If i am sure to be dq by mistake, i will take my time penalty given by gpl and the reko will give me some bonus time if reko also thinks i was dq by mistake ?
16.05.18, 09:06:00

GrandPrixYannick

(User)

Reg. Datum: 14.04.11

Seriously, I do not get it.

What is even the point in penalizing someone who makes a jump start, corrects himself before the flag drops, and takes no advantage at all as a result.
It blows my fucking mind.

It makes sense to apply penalties if someone obviously gained an advantage from it, but I didn't. And it is not like that because someone jumped early that the whole start process falls into chaos.

The game cannot adapt to such conditions but in my mind any sane person can realise the situation and can act adjust. But apparently not in this case.

Needless to say, I find this decision fucking bullshit.

GPL is a drug. And I'm an addict.
16.05.18, 12:18:27

pmercal

(User)

Reg. Datum: 28.01.17

Thanks reko
16.05.18, 20:50:58

roo

(User)

Reg. Datum: 17.11.15

geändert von: roo - 17.05.18, 00:06:19

Zitat von GrandPrixYannick:
Seriously, I do not get it.

What is even the point in penalizing someone who makes a jump start, corrects himself before the flag drops, and takes no advantage at all as a result.
It blows my fucking mind.

It makes sense to apply penalties if someone obviously gained an advantage from it, but I didn't. And it is not like that because someone jumped early that the whole start process falls into chaos.

The game cannot adapt to such conditions but in my mind any sane person can realise the situation and can act adjust. But apparently not in this case.

Needless to say, I find this decision fucking bullshit.

Wow Yannick! Really!?
The league rules clearly state that you must serve a stop n go penalty if you have made a false start. Whether you intended to jump the start or not is irrelevant, the rules require you to stop in the pits.

If you jump a red light on the road & the police (or camera) catch you, they will not accept your argument that you didn't gain an advantage from it.

Take it on the chin, accept the fact you made a mistake & didn't follow the rules by serving the penalty (not knowing the rule is no excuse for an experienced racer like yourself) & don't engage your gear or drop the clutch before the flag drops. Simple.

roo
The House
The House on Vimeo
mixcloud
17.05.18, 00:05:46

Stefan Roess

(Administrator)

Reg. Datum: 19.11.07

geändert von: Stefan Roess - 17.05.18, 13:12:25

Zitat von Bastian Grupp:
Question:

If i am sure to be dq by mistake, i will take my time penalty given by gpl and the reko will give me some bonus time if reko also thinks i was dq by mistake ?

If you get a Black Flag then you have to pit within 3 laps, stop at your Name sign and then you can go on.
If you don`t get a black flag you don`t have to pit.
If it should turn out after the race that GPL had made an error on the DQ then the Reko will investigate and find a solution. zwinkern

----------------------------------

@Yannick: As roo has already explained in his example.
Imagine Max Verstappen has a jump start at real F1 (I know GPL is just a game, but let`s just imagine). Do you think it will be fine if he just slows down? zwinkern

Sorry we have our GPLRACER rules.

GPL Easy Installation Guide
GPL Empfohlenes Fahrer Verhalten
www.GPLworld.eu
www.GPLRACER.eu
17.05.18, 13:12:06

GrandPrixYannick

(User)

Reg. Datum: 14.04.11

geändert von: GrandPrixYannick - 17.05.18, 13:51:32

Zitat von Stefan Roess:
@Yannick: As roo has already explained in his example.
Imagine Max Verstappen has a jump start at real F1 (I know GPL is just a game, but let`s just imagine). Do you think it will be fine if he just slows down? zwinkern

Sorry we have our GPLRACER rules.

I think there is a whole different level of racing there, Stefan.
Of course in modern F1 nobody does that. But it is different here, it's much more 'gentlemen racing'.
We do not try to win by any means necessary, even if it means to be dirty.
I mean, okay, I like to battle harsh, but I always want to keep it clean.

I have seen a lot of examples of early racing starts where drivers try to win inches off the line before the flag drops, and never to my knowledge did someone get penalized for a jump start.

Again, I really do not see the need to perform a stop & go when I have already taken measures to nullify the benefits of starting too early.
That's just adding insult to injury and completely redundant.

I know there is some need to keep it all fair and square and without incidents, but quite bluntly, on a situation as this one, the rules need to be more lax about it.

GPL is a drug. And I'm an addict.
17.05.18, 13:51:11

Stefan Roess

(Administrator)

Reg. Datum: 19.11.07

geändert von: Stefan Roess - 18.05.18, 11:12:19

Even so we are a nice relaxed Gentleman Racer league we have and need rules we all have to follow. zwinkern

Of course you can not fully compare F1 or any other real motorsports and nore roo`s example with the police with our virtual racing at GPLRACER but even so there are rules. I guess you see the point we mean.

And the rule for a jump start is defined at our GPLRACER rules as DQ.

Imagine the REKO decides to turn a blind eye in your case and do not DQ you.
Then we have to do so the next time another driver also makes a jump start.
But that actually means we do not need that rule anymore as we do not follow the rule anyway.

Sorry Yannick, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

GPL Easy Installation Guide
GPL Empfohlenes Fahrer Verhalten
www.GPLworld.eu
www.GPLRACER.eu
18.05.18, 11:08:18
| Neuer Beitrag |
Gehe zu:
Forum Regeln: