Autor Nachricht

Clive Loynes

(User)

Reg. Datum: 01.05.09

My pc will not reach 60fps on most circuits and I am greatly relieved that GPLRACER does not use it.

I run in leagues that use 60fps but rarely see it in practice.

I had a lot of problems getting GEM to run and now leave it permanently set to 60fps. I created a 36fps .exe and use that for GPLRACER and any other races that I find at the lower frequency. It just means that I have to join them via the ip address.

I like real tracks and particularly old ones but hate Nurburgring. Life is too short to spend that much of it learning such a long track.

Best Regards
Clive

Remember, it's quite possible for a man to be a fool but not know it.
Unless he is married!!!!
05.11.17, 23:06:55
| E-Mail | Private Nachricht | Suchen | | Zitat | Editieren | IP-Adresse |

Stefan Roess

(Administrator)

Reg. Datum: 19.11.07

Thank you all for your feedback so far, I hope there is still more to come.

We will try to take into account as many of your suggestioins as possible for 2018.

And thank you for your kind words regarding our admin work and the GPLRACER drivers in general. freuen
It is always nice to hear that you like what we are doing.
That encourages us to go on and to keep this nice little league with a great bunch of nice, fair and friendly drivers alive. cool

Zitat von paul skingley:

I would not want to constantly tick and untick the patch.

Moreover the admin would also have to change and re-change the core.ini settings (it can also be changed within iGOR) on the server every time the FPS change. zwinkern

Zitat:

60 FPS v2 readme:

MULTIPLAYER

Hosting a race with the server running 60fpsv2 requires that all clients use the same patch. Anyone trying to join with 36fps or an earlier 60fps patch will receive a message "you are not qualified to drive". Technically it is possible to join a 36fps server while using the 60fpsv2 patch, but it should not be done. Mixing fps online does not work, and may cause problems to others on track.

The following Core.ini parameters are recommended (change them if you know what you are doing):

net_mdm_client_send_every = 5 ; Client packet freq on dialup
net_mdm_client_send_size = 84 ; Client packet size on dialup
net_mdm_server_send_every = 5 ; Server packet freq on dialup
net_mdm_server_send_size = 384 ; Server packet size on dialup
net_server_port=0 ; Server port number (0 = default)
net_use_mdm_bandwidth_for_tcp_ip=1 ; Use modem bandwidthfor TCP/IP - 1 = Use net_mdm_ settings *

The reason for using send_every = 5 instead of the commonly used 3 is that networking code is also speeded up. Send_every = 3 means sending data every third frame (12 times per second in original GPL). Using send_every = 5 means sending data every fifth frame, which is again 12 times per second when using the 60 fps patch. Send_size parameters are not affected by the 60 fps patch, so they can be chosen as before.

Changing the settings is not the problem, the admin only has to remeber every time to check before he hosts.

But this work only makes sense, when we have any benefit.
After re-reading many posts at SRMZ and also Paul Skingley was talking to other league admins, it really looks, like the 60 FPS patch causes more disconnects on addon tracks than on original Papy tracks.

As a disconnet is very annoying when you are racing (as we all know) I don`t think it is worth to take this risk just for more eye candy (even so I would love to have more eye candy). And there are also people with older PCs that wouldn`t be able to race with us anymore. So our grids would get smaller. But a full grid is more fun. freuen GPLRACER does not want to loose drivers.

We don`t have a final decision yet, but the arguments contra 60 FPS are more than pro.

GPL Easy Installation Guide
GPL Empfohlenes Fahrer Verhalten
www.GPLworld.eu
www.GPLRACER.eu
06.11.17, 11:15:40

AlainMaurice

(Gold-Member)

Reg. Datum: 31.08.09

Hi all

A multi mod championship for 20 years of GPL freuen
06.11.17, 20:35:08

roo

(User)

Reg. Datum: 17.11.15

First a big thanks to all you admins for your efforts thgroughout the year. Another thanks to my fellow competitors for the racing & not flaming me too much when I make silly errors zwinkern

I am also unsure of my participation next year as I have some real life projects looming that might take too much of my time + I am planning to go to 3 pedals & a manual box so I may be super uncompetitive. That said, I will try to start the 65's season & if I do I will make every effort to finish it.

rules are fine, weekday races at the same time, I like 60fps but happy with 36fps too, I like a single championship throughout the year.

Real tracks, love real roads, not a fan of ovals or fantasy tracks (although some fantasy are excellent)

I hope to see you in 2018 freuen

roo
The House
The House on Vimeo
mixcloud
10.12.17, 10:08:54
| Neuer Beitrag |
Gehe zu:
Forum Regeln: