Autor Nachricht

REKO

(Administrator)

Reg. Datum: 27.11.11

Reko 67 – Zeltweg - 31.01.2016

Chat:
Two people made chat messages just before the start of the race.
The Reko reminds drivers that chat is not allowed during the event until the last person has crossed the finish line.

Qualification:
OK.

Startzone:
The were incidents in the Start Zone.

As they approach Bosch, Konni Koch tries to out-brake Pelle Buchner who had just overtaken him. Konni gets a little out of shape under braking and swerves towards Pelle. Pelle takes avoiding action and hits the right hand rail.

The Reko decide - Konni Koch - Red card penalty for unsafe driving in the Start Zone - No qualification in the next 67 race he participates in.

Ahead is Greg Taber who has left his braking too late and almost runs into Uli Hoffman in front. Gregs avoids Uli but run wide, hits the wall and rebounds into Konni hitting his left rear causing Konni to spin.
Yannick Verheijen cannot avoid the crashing cars.
Konni is out, Yannick is out, Greg can continue with damage.

The Reko decide - Greg Taber - Red card penaty for causing a collision in the Start Zone - No qualification penalty in the next 67 race he participates in.

Penalties:
There were no drivers with current penalties in this race.

Reko mail:
The Reko did not receive any reko mail.

Shift times:
OK

Special:
Drivers with submitted PB will get a mail with the password on race day.
If you did not receive the password or did not submit PB and want to race please contact the race admins in chat.

The REKO
06.02.16, 19:24:01
| E-Mail | Private Nachricht | Suchen | | Zitat | Editieren | IP-Adresse |

GregT

(User)

Reg. Datum: 29.06.15

Zitat von REKO:

Gregs avoids Uli but run wide, hits the wall and rebounds into Konni hitting his left rear causing Konni to spin.

The Reko decide - Greg Taber - Red card penaty for causing a collision in the Start Zone - No qualification penalty in the next 67 race he participates in.

I can't believe I have to waste my time defending myself. Somebody needs glasses. I DID NOT hit the wall until Konni nails me! Both my client and server replay show that. I was counter steering while holding about an even distance from the wall until I'm hit. If I'd been the one that really screwed up, I probably wouldn't have been able to continue. I made a mistake that I had almost recovered from when I'm hit from the side.

3/4's of the track to my right and I still didn't leave enough room to pass me? I should have just nailed Uli. Would I have been penalized any worse?

I get the message. You don't want me racing with you.
07.02.16, 01:42:36

Fabian

(Gold-Member)

Reg. Datum: 13.03.09

Greg, in essence it boils down that you (attention. I intentionally use exaggerated, harsh terminology to get the idea across. Don't take it personal) "lost control" and one can not hold Konni responsible for somebody elses "losing control".
[yes, you tried to "survive" yourself, i.e. you had "good intentions" but again if we are "harsh and strict" that doesn't matter much.]

By the way. Historically this is a very typical accident. People are used to drive this corner on their own (difficult enought..) and get caught out and underestimate the situation when they approach it with cars around them. Very typical in deed.

So the only thing left is the factor of "start zone extra caution". Any other lap, Konni would have acted quite reasonable but because it is lap 1 and "we" expect extra caution he *can* get penalized (Konni too sure had "good intentions" but because it was lap 1, you could argue that he entered the turn a bit too hot. That's all, really nothing unusual about it.)

Personally I also don't believe that Pelle used "avoiding action", imho he too just lost it a bit in that moment (car gets light in that section). In a way he was just lucky there.

But this is just my 2 cents as an neutral observer, trying to defuse the situation. freuen
So please note: All this represents my opinion and not the opinion of the race admins.
cheers! freuen
07.02.16, 10:11:13

GrandPrixYannick

(User)

Reg. Datum: 14.04.11

Way to kick off 2016... traurig

Thx reko.

GPL is a drug. And I'm an addict.
07.02.16, 12:18:30

Pelle_B

(User)

Reg. Datum: 01.10.15

geändert von: Pelle_B - 07.02.16, 14:18:51

Zitat von Fabian:

Personally I also don't believe that Pelle used "avoiding action", imho he too just lost it a bit in that moment (car gets light in that section). In a way he was just lucky there.
[/U]
cheers! freuen

Now it is completely wrong...of course - that I had not thought - I even want to smash my car into the fence/curbe for no reason.

Or I misunderstand what you write?

Another thing - perhaps I should not make a comment here - I understand GT is disappointed by the decision. GT saves the situation, but is hit far away from the ideal line?

LOL Yannick: 8/10
07.02.16, 14:13:31

AndersOE

(Administrator)

Reg. Datum: 27.12.07

geändert von: AndersOE - 07.02.16, 20:08:18

Zitat von GregT:

Why shouldn't we want you to race with us?
We want to attract as many drivers as possible to get fun races for all.

This Reko is normal GPLRACER procedure, following our rules.
We have a Startzone rule, and the startzone is always marked on the trackmap in the racetread so you drivers know were it ends.

After every race the Reko watch the replay of the startzone.
The Reko look for collisions, bad driving, blocking and so on.
If there are any incidents in the startzone the Reko examine them carefully and then decide if there should be any penalties handed out.
There is always a second, third and even a fourth opinion ,as it was this time, befora a ruling. Sometimes the reko members are united and sometimes not. In this case we were not, then the majority decides.

Anders
07.02.16, 20:07:21

MLGathome

(Administrator)

Reg. Datum: 16.04.10

geändert von: MLGathome - 08.02.16, 09:29:52

I wished we could behave like gentlemen. If someone gets involved in an accident,
apologize in iGOR chatroom or in the forum after the race. No need for calling names or sarcasm.

Looked at the replay for the fourth or fifth time instead of practicing for the next 65mod race coming up.
I could also spend that time with my family!!
The two penalties are deserved although I differ from opinion who caused the accident.

I hope this stops now and we ALL can have a good and fun race next time.
If not, then all the hours I spend for this racing league is a waste off my time.

Greetings, Marcel

Übung macht den Meister, aber mir macht es nur Spaß. freuen
08.02.16, 09:27:53

paul skingley

(Administrator)

Reg. Datum: 04.01.08

Zitat von GregT:
[quote="REKO"]

As Anders said. This Reko report is no way a dig at you personally.
From my own experience I know you normally are quick and safe.
On the replay I can see you hit Konni's left rear wheel. Normally if you hit the rear of another car you have to accept some blame.

What the Reko want is for races to last more than 1 lap which is why there is a Start Zone. Penalties are always pretty hard for stuff that happens in the Start Zone.

If that incident had happened on lap 2 and there was no Reko mail, it would not be in the report.

OMG ! Rouen is next, and the hairpin is in the START ZONE !

Paul
08.02.16, 13:55:12

konni koch

(Gold-Member)

Reg. Datum: 17.03.12

Thank you Fabian, that you tried to take the role of reason (as an experienced and appreciated race analyser).

If they had penalized me for the incident with Greg I had accepted it, that was kind of a silly racing accident as it often happens and where no one can be blamed hundred percent. But this red card for me for Herrn Buchners own mistake is pure arbitrariness.

I'm tired of defending me against bullying, the more as now admins are taking part too (scandinavian friendship?). Just one finishing remark: It was not me, who started attacks after the race in the forum and no one can expect me that I accept without complaint the obvious lie, that I pushed Herrn Buchners Eagle off (and everyone who has eyes to watch the replay can see that there was no contact at all ). And it was not me, who distorted previous quotations in a way to stir up opinion against me.

I cannot apologize for incidents that I did not notice or that did not take place. In the past I never heard complaints that I was unfair in driving or in the forums and mostly the online racing here was fun. But, as Marcel says, this all now is a waste of time (and of donated money).

Now you may delete my account. Bye.
08.02.16, 16:54:37

Robert Fleurke

(User)

Reg. Datum: 30.12.13

Thanks REKO.

Let's all accept and respect REKO's moderation, even when you don't agree with it. Personally I am also moderating races and I know it's virtually impossible to please everyone...

Also I hope everyone keeps on racing! zwinkern

Racing is like life, when you get up one more time than you fall, you'll make it through - Alan Kulwicki (1954-1993)

My GPL Ranks
08.02.16, 17:24:05

AndersOE

(Administrator)

Reg. Datum: 27.12.07

Zitat von konni koch:

the more as now admins are taking part too (scandinavian friendship?).

Konni, I suppose you mean me as the admin, since me and Pelle are the two scandinavians in this league.

It's comments like those that makes it really rewarding to be an admin and reko and putting down endless of hours on planning, administrating, replay watching, reko work and many other things that get this League running.

NOT!

Anders

08.02.16, 21:31:24

MLGathome

(Administrator)

Konni, now you are overreacting.
After almost 100 races with us, you should know the REKO makes fair and unprejudiced decisions.
Sometimes drivers may not see it that way but the report always reflects the majorities opinion.
I hope you reconsider to stop racing with us, but at the end of the day we make our own decisions and we have to respect that.

Greetings, Marcel

09.02.16, 09:01:40

Bastian Grupp

(Gold-Member)

Reg. Datum: 18.01.11

Well,

I just have to put in a good word for Konni.

I didn't have time to watch the incident (altough i was avoiding it really near to me) but I for myself have the problem that the Reko here has some subjective Decisions made,
which was very obvious in my cases as well.
09.02.16, 13:13:46

MLGathome

(Administrator)

Zitat von Bastian Grupp:
I didn't have time to watch the incident ........ the Reko here has some subjective Decisions made, which was very obvious in my cases as well.

Really, next time I watch the race from your cockpit.

Oh no, we are now at a point I don't want to do any work, for drivers who keep harassing the Reko. It is too late for apologies.
Tonights race will be my last job and I hope you don't show up, because I don't want to let down the other drivers.

Marcel

09.02.16, 18:40:12

Bastian Grupp

(Gold-Member)

Reg. Datum: 18.01.11

Well,

first: I didnt mention your or anyone else's name and it was not my intention. it is a secret who is in which reko. the reko is posted by
an alias user.

and it is my opinion and no harrasment or anything like this.

It is about a case which doesn't involve me but I feel sorry for konni who is blamed. this is a very complex accident were the reko tries by force to find a guilty person. Never seen sth like a race accident.

A good example is today's crash with alain and me. Alain wanted to overtake but while breakin he hit the gras and hit me. i was upside down. of course i'm not happy but I know this could have happend i switched roles as well and it was never his intetion to hit me. I don't want the reko to investigate this.

I respect any admin to organise race and server.
But in my opinion races are "overmoderated"

Back to the cases which involve me for a second.
I talked to some drivers, i'm not alone with my opinion.

But that's all for today.
Marcel, it would be a pity if you quit, but you have to accept opinions.

Best Regards,
Bastian
09.02.16, 21:42:42
| Neuer Beitrag |
Gehe zu:
Forum Regeln: