Autor Nachricht

AndersOE

(Administrator)

Reg. Datum: 27.12.07

geändert von: AndersOE - 15.07.14, 10:25:30

REKO report.

Chat.

We had one driver, Greg Taber, unknown to me, that was on the server when I joined the race. I had noticed that he was on GPLRACER chat before the race.
He had not asked me for permission to race, as the other registered drivers without a pb had done.

When the qualification was finished I asked him if he had got permission to start in the race by a race admin.
He answered, yes. Then I asked Pedro if he had given Greg permission to race. Pedro answered, no.
Then I kindly asked Greg Taber to leave the server, and so he did after some time.

Probably there was a misunderstanding. I gave three registered GPLRACER drivers permission to start and maybe Greg thought he was included in that permission.

These chatmessages was breaking a rule but I saw it as necessary to do so to prevent a unregistered and unknown driver in our League race.

Qualification.

Tony Verissimo started a qualifying lap at 32:00 minutes. I sent a chat message to him to return to the pits , but no reaction. He is new here but when starting in a race you should know the basic rules. Yellow card for Tony Verissimo.

Start Zone.

OK. no incidents

Reko mail.

No reko mail was sent.

Penalties.

There were no drivers with penalties in this race.

Special.

Frank Mueller, JonnyO, Uli Hofmann and Tony Verissimo were given permission to race in the chat.

JonnyO got a disco on lap5, Tech in the result.

Alain Maurice did not start in the race.

Yannick spins on the last lap and looses his second place to Bastian and are probably upset about it.
So when he is close to the S/F line he shifts down and sets his car into a spin, he goes sideways over the line and then crashes into the pitwall.
This is not a recommended behaviour on the track.
It will be penalized in the future if it is discovered.

Shift times of all the drivers were OK.

The Reko

15.07.14, 10:24:19
| E-Mail | Private Nachricht | Suchen | | Zitat | Editieren | IP-Adresse |

Bastian Grupp

(Gold-Member)

Reg. Datum: 18.01.11

Zitat von AndersOE:
REKO report.

Yannick spins on the last lap and looses his second place to Bastian and are probably upset about it.
So when he is close to the S/F line he shifts down and sets his car into a spin, he goes sideways over the line and then crashes into the pitwall.
This is not a recommended behaviour on the track.

Hi Reko,

i dont get it. Who did not obey the recommended driver behaviour at what time ? The spin was not at s/f Straight, he spun in the fast corner before the hairpin.

Bastian
15.07.14, 10:46:14

AndersOE

(Administrator)

geändert von: AndersOE - 15.07.14, 10:51:38

Yannick set his car into a spin when passing the checkered flag and the start/finish line.
Thats NOT recommended.

It's not about his spin on the turn before the hairpin.

Anders
15.07.14, 10:49:52

Tom van Ostade

(Betatester)

Reg. Datum: 02.01.08

geändert von: Tom van Ostade - 15.07.14, 13:15:06

I think the remark about Yannick might be very harsh. It was after the race had finished. I agree we have to follow the recommended driver behaviour when engaged in wheel-to-wheel battles, but let's keep it a little bit more low key. It's not a PR nightmare, we don't get paid for showing up. Professionalism is good but this is too much in my opinion freuen .

It's too bad Greg was not allowed to start. I've raced with him in various UKGPL races in the last year, and out of all the drivers, I think he might actually be the most fair. I think that in order to attract more participants to GPLRacer, we need to relax the rules a little bit. In all the leagues I've participated in, I've rolled into it in a spur-of-the-moment thing, seeing a race up on iGOR, joining the chat and ask if I was allowed to join. If we take it too seriously, we scare potential participants away.

Tommie.
15.07.14, 13:08:24

GrandPrixYannick

(User)

Reg. Datum: 14.04.11

I agree with what Tom says. I think you are overreacting a little. There were no other cars involved when I did my move. And we are online 'amateurs', no real life pros. Besides, since when do you look for moments in the race when not receiving any REKO-mail again? Or is it because it was mentioned in a chat?

GPL is a drug. And I'm an addict.
15.07.14, 13:26:37

AndersOE

(Administrator)

geändert von: AndersOE - 15.07.14, 14:04:04

Zitat von Tom van Ostade:
It was after the race had finished.

If Yannick had done it after he had finished his race, with that meaning that he had crossed the finishing line, I wouldn't have bothered writing a remark about it. But he set his car deliberate into a spin while he was still racing.

It's too bad Greg was not allowed to start.

To me he is a totally unknown driver, he did not ask in the pre race chat for permission to start in the race.

What I know GPLRACER has never given permission to an unregistered driver to start in a League race.
I couldn't take the risk to allow him to race in the final race of the 66 Cup.
But he is welcome once he is a registered driver and submits a pb for a League race.
Or at a Fun Race as the one at IMS on the 29th.

Zitat von GrandPrixYannick:
Besides, since when do you look for moments in the race when not receiving any REKO-mail again? Or is it because it was mentioned in a chat?

I wasn't aware that it was mentioned in the chat, I was occupied uploading the result and replay.
I noticed it because I always watch the finishing cars in a race to see if the GPLRA report is OK.
And to me that move, as you call it, at the end of the race didn't look ok, so I mentioned it in the report.

Anders
15.07.14, 13:54:01

Pedro

(Gold-Member)

Reg. Datum: 08.01.10

Thanks for the Reko!! It's not always easy to make the right decision at the right time at the right place at the right ........... I am to easy going to make hard decisions, so I am glad you guys do that freuen Thanks for this 66 season!!!!!!!!!!
15.07.14, 21:38:21

Bastian Grupp

(Gold-Member)

Reg. Datum: 18.01.11

i think i already mentioned my positions to reko decisions and fairness - same rules for everyone, etc...
16.07.14, 15:12:23

paul skingley

(Administrator)

Reg. Datum: 04.01.08

Zitat von Bastian Grupp:
same rules for everyone, etc...

That is what we aim for.

freuen
16.07.14, 15:48:27

Tom van Ostade

(Betatester)

Reg. Datum: 02.01.08

Zitat von AndersOE:
It was after the race had finished.

If Yannick had done it after he had finished his race, with that meaning that he had crossed the finishing line, I wouldn't have bothered writing a remark about it. But he set his car deliberate into a spin while he was still racing.

It's too bad Greg was not allowed to start.

To me he is a totally unknown driver, he did not ask in the pre race chat for permission to start in the race.

What I know GPLRACER has never given permission to an unregistered driver to start in a League race.
I couldn't take the risk to allow him to race in the final race of the 66 Cup.
But he is welcome once he is a registered driver and submits a pb for a League race.
Or at a Fun Race as the one at IMS on the 29th.

Zitat von GrandPrixYannick:
Besides, since when do you look for moments in the race when not receiving any REKO-mail again? Or is it because it was mentioned in a chat?

I wasn't aware that it was mentioned in the chat, I was occupied uploading the result and replay.
I noticed it because I always watch the finishing cars in a race to see if the GPLRA report is OK.
And to me that move, as you call it, at the end of the race didn't look ok, so I mentioned it in the report.

Anders

It's not that I don't agree with you Anders, just that I think the decisions are a little harsh freuen . With Greg it was just unfortunate, still too bad though.
16.07.14, 20:32:33

paul skingley

(Administrator)

Reg. Datum: 04.01.08

Ander's comment in the Reko has no Yellow or Red penalty attached to it.

Seems like a storm in a tea cup here ?

Paul
16.07.14, 21:21:08

AndersOE

(Administrator)

It's not that I don't agree with you Anders, just that I think the decisions are a little harsh.

As Paul writes there are no penalties attached to my comment.

It can be seen as an advice freuen

Anders

16.07.14, 23:32:31
| Neuer Beitrag |
Gehe zu:
Forum Regeln: