Reg. Datum: 19.11.07

geändert von: Stefan Roess - 21.02.11, 16:30:29

Daytona Road Course (1967)
US Grand Prix

GT Cup

Rennen
[Race]

- 26.01.2011 (Mittwoch/ Wednesday)
- 20:00 CET (GMT+1, winter/ standard time)
- 48 Runden [laps] -> ca. 1 h 30 min.
http://forum.gplracer.eu/board.php?id=16&

Training
- 24.01.2011 (Montag/ Monday)
- 21:00 CET (GMT+1, winter/ standard time)
- Int Short -> ca. 20 min.

GT Cup Reglement 2011 [GERMAN]
==============================
- Renntag: Mittwoch
- Startzeit: 20:00 CET (GMT+1/ +2 Sommerzeit)
- Qualifying: 30 min.
- Rennlänge: 1 h 30 min.
- Int Modus
- 1 x Shift-R auf der Strecke [Joker] & ohne Limit in der Box (SAFE PITSTOP PATCH -> wird bereit gestellt)
- Chassis: 1 Auto für die gesamte Sasion (Ausnahme Targa Rennen: Porsche Cup mit Einzelstart im 10-Sekunden Abstand)
- Punktesystem: 9-6-4-3-2-1
- 36 BPS (GPL Standard) - der 60 BPS Patch ist nicht erlaubt!

SAFE PITSTOP PATCH:
-------------------------------
Dieser ermöglicht Shift-R in der Boxengasse an Ihrer Boxentafel,
so dass das Auto wieder in der Boxengasse steht
(repariert, vollgetankt, neue Reifen) und nicht auf der Strecke, was der GPL Standard wäre.

Jeder Fahrer muss den SAFE PITSOP PATCH installieren (siehe Anhang)!

Speedlimit in der Boxengasse / Boxenstopp:
-----------------------------------------------
In der Boxengasse ist das Speedlimit von ca. 130 km/h (80 mph) zu beachten!
Der Boxenstopp hat in der Boxengasse an der eigenen Boxentafel zu erfolgen.
Die Reko wird die Einhaltung stichprobenartig überprüfen.
Erhebliche Abweichungen des Speedlimits und Haltepunktes (Ihre Boxentafel) werden von der Reko bestraft werden.

GT Cup rules 2011 [ENGLISH]
===========================
- Race day: Wednesday
- Start time: 20:00 CET (GMT+1/ +2 summer time)
- Qualifying: 30 min.
- Race length: 1 h 30 min.
- Int Mode
- 1 x Shift-R on track [Joker] & no limits in pits (SAFE PIT STOP PATCH -> will be provided)
- Chassis: 1 car for the whole season (Exception Targa race: Porsche Cup with individual start [Rally start] in a 10 sec. tact)
- Point system: 9-6-4-3-2-1
- 36 FPS (GPL Standard) - the 60 FPS patch is not allowed!

SAFE PIT STOP PATCH:
--------------------------------
It allows a Shift-R in the pitlane at your pitboard,
that resets the car in the pitlane (repaired, fully fueled, new tires)
and not on the track, which would be the GPL standard.

Every driver has to install the SAFE PITSOP PATCH (see attachment)!

Speed limit in the pit lane / pit stop:
The speed limit in the the pit lane is about 130 km/h (80 mph).
The pit stop must be made in the pit lane at your pit board.
The Reko (race comission) will do random investigations.
Significant deviations of the speed limit and breakpoint (your pitboard) will be punished by the Reko.

[Time Zones]:
http://www.timezoneconverter.com
and
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/europe/european-union/germany/time.htm
and
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Anmeldung GT
[Sign up]

http://john.gplracer.net/test/submitpb_gt.php3

Grid GT
http://john.gplracer.net/test/ausgabepb.php5?mod=gt

Handicaps
http://forum.gplracer.eu/board.php?id=70&

Passwort
[Password race]

Wird im GPLRACER Chatroom in iGOR und im Forum bekannt gegeben.
[Will be announced in the GPLRACER Chatroom in iGOR and in the forum.]

Track Download
http://gpltd.bcsims.com/?sbtd=dayto24h

Track Updates
http://gpltd.bcsims.com/?sbtd=dayto24h

Setups
http://gpltd.bcsims.com/?ir=Setups
Tipp: Verwendet die sehr guten standard Setups des GT Mods.
[Tip: Use the very good default setups of the GT mod.]

Reko Protest
http://john.gplracer.net/test/rekomail.php5
Ein Protest kann nur 12-48 Stunden nach dem Rennen gestellt werden, andernfalls wird er nicht bearbeitet.
[You can only submit a protest 12-48 hours after the race, otherwise it will not be treated.]

Trainingsserver ist in iGOR!
[Practice server is in iGOR!]

Empfohlenes Fahrer Verhalten (GPL)
[Recommended Driver Behavior]

http://www.srworld.eu/contenido-4.6.8/cms/front_content.php?idart=157

Startzone:

Good luck & fun!
Stefan & Wolfgang
(GT Cup Directors)
Dateianhang:

dayto24h_SAFE_PITSTOP_PATCH.zip (62.66 KByte | 39 mal heruntergeladen | 2.39 MByte Traffic)

GPL Easy Installation Guide
GPL Empfohlenes Fahrer Verhalten
www.GPLworld.eu
www.GPLRACER.eu
06.01.11, 23:01:37
| E-Mail | Private Nachricht | Suchen | | Zitat | Editieren | IP-Adresse |

John Smith

(Administrator)

Reg. Datum: 11.03.09

A driver can submit as many PB times as he wants and he can also change the chassis in the same way, till the PB submission will be closed on the race day. The chassis u will drive on the race day and is shown on the complete race report from GPLRA (GPL Replay Analyser) will be your final chassis choice for the whole season.

So in short: The final chassis choice is being made after u have taken part in the race.
06.01.11, 23:09:47

AndersOE

(Administrator)

Reg. Datum: 27.12.07

I believe that the startzone is wrong.
The startline is on the backstretch, at least on the GPLRACER6 server.
09.01.11, 15:44:21

ACHIM KRAFT

(Administrator)

Reg. Datum: 05.12.07

Hi all !

First, i do not drive the Gt-Mod. I never installing this mod. But, i install this very nice track and test it with other mods.

Anders is correct. There is something mysterious in the settings.

I check my original "track.ini":

There is a very big differende between Pit (stall_0 = 5867 30) and Start/Finish (stall_0 = 4180 -3.4).

This difference is nearby 1,7 kilometers.

So the Startingzone is not correct shown. The Start must be (see "track.ini" or "trackgt.ini") on "backstretch".

Can any Race-Admin check this ?

Greetings

Achim

GPL - FOREVER
LOTUS - FOREVER
09.01.11, 21:32:37

AndersOE

(Administrator)

geändert von: AndersOE - 09.01.11, 22:20:05

Another problem is that GPL and GPLRA counts the laptimes from the start/finish line on the front stretch, at the pits, if you check it on a replay or with the playback in GPLRA.
So at race start we will race for 1,7 km before the time starts to count in GPL and then at race end when someone takes the chequered flag he still has 1,7 km to drive before GPL says that he has reached the finishline and finished the race.
Raceproblems? I think so
09.01.11, 22:15:33

Tom van Ostade

(Betatester)

Reg. Datum: 02.01.08

You can't start on the banking with these heavy cars, You'll slide to the bottom if you try. As long as everyone knows where the finish line is there won't be a problem.

Tommie.
10.01.11, 13:06:41

AndersOE

(Administrator)

geändert von: AndersOE - 10.01.11, 15:02:43

Then the admins must check the finish of the race if it's a close fight until the end, the GPLRA report ain't 100% sure this time.
You can make up a lot of ground when you slipstream for 1,7km.
10.01.11, 15:00:34

Tom Schlosser

(User)

Reg. Datum: 22.05.08

Hi Anders and all!

I did some offline tests:

The official start and finish line is on the banking of the front straight. The starting grid is by purpose placed on the back straight. Please be aware that the finish line is on the front banking, too! Even if you can see the checkered flag already waving on the back straight "start cone" continue racing until finish line. This is also correctly registered by GPLRA.

Please can the race administration (Wolfgang Buthe, Stefan Roess) make clear the rules for the start and finish? I see two options:

a) Start from the grid at the backstraight and have a green race until finish line 48 1/2 laps later.

b) Start from the grid at the backstraight and have a rolling start under yellow. After crossing the finish line the first time have a green race until finishing the finish line 48 laps later.

I vote for variant a) because it is simpler. In both variants of course the start zone whould include the backstraight and the last corner.

Regards,
Thomas
10.01.11, 15:35:16

Wolfgang Buthe

(Betatester)

thx for pointing to this unusual circumstances concerning the start procedure at Daytona 24.
Stefan and I discussed it, but for what ever reason it wasn't mentioned in the announcement thread. So sorry for this.
We both agreed that the start would be impossible with the GT cars on the banking. We had not in mind that Ginetto set the "start" on the backstretch. He made the actual track for the GTs and knew exactly what he was doing.
I made a test this evening and the checkered flag will be shown at the FINISH LINE NEXT TO THE PITS !
GPLRA counts the first 1,7 KM but calls it lap "0" . The first lap beginns in GPLRA after the S/F line next to the pits.
Before Stefan and I had in mind that Ginetto sets the green flag at backstretch, we discussed to have a flying start under leadership of the polesetter after a full pacelap, because we were afraid of a start on the banking with the heavy and strong engines.
So now we should make best of both worlds IMHO !
Wouldn't it be the best to announce no overtaking until S/F line at the pits and stick to the rest of the starting zone to have a save start into the race !?
All cars have to run in a straight line behind the polesetter. He sets the pace until the S/F.
We all have to get familiar with the heavy and strong new cars and it would be very important to have a smooth and safe start into this first race of a new season.

Wolfgang
10.01.11, 22:19:37

Tom van Ostade

(Betatester)

If it is just for this first race I have no problems with that freuen . But ADC also started a GT season but they had a no overtaking rule for the entire first lap, for the entire season, which put me off. Might as well do an offline AI race in that case I thought. I'm here for the sake of racing, not driving. I want to win freuen .

Tommie.
11.01.11, 00:20:29

Wolfgang Buthe

(Betatester)

geändert von: Wolfgang Buthe - 11.01.11, 00:48:14

Zitat von Tom van Ostade:
If it is just for this first race I have no problems with that freuen . But ADC also started a GT season but they had a no overtaking rule for the entire first lap, for the entire season, which put me off. Might as well do an offline AI race in that case I thought. I'm here for the sake of racing, not driving. I want to win freuen .

Tommie.

A race begins with the start in my mind.
Of course this special rule will only be for the special circumstances at Daytona24 in the GTs.

I'll speak to Stefan and we will give exact description of the start procedure.
Tommie, we are two, who want to win zwinkern Let's race !

Wolfgang
11.01.11, 00:47:31

AndersOE

(Administrator)

Zitat von Wolfgang Buthe:
Wouldn't it be the best to announce no overtaking until S/F line at the pits and stick to the rest of the starting zone to have a save start into the race !?
All cars have to run in a straight line behind the polesetter. He sets the pace until the S/F.
We all have to get familiar with the heavy and strong new cars and it would be very important to have a smooth and safe start into this first race of a new season.

Under the special circumstances that are on this track it would be a good solution freuen
But lets do some tests with this startingprocedure before the actual raceday to see how it works.
If it's a staggered grid with enough distance between the cars it should't be any problems to form that line with the right order behind the polesitter.

Anders
11.01.11, 08:04:27

Stefan Roess

(Administrator)

Reg. Datum: 19.11.07

geändert von: Stefan Roess - 25.01.11, 00:23:16

I'll speak to Stefan and we will give exact description of the start procedure.

Bald / Soon...

=======================================================

Update:

Speedlimit in der Boxengasse / Boxenstopp:
In der Boxengasse ist das Speedlimit von ca. 130 km/h (80 mph) zu beachten!
Der Boxenstopp hat in der Boxengasse an der eigenen Boxentafel zu erfolgen.
Die Reko wird die Einhaltung stichprobenartig überprüfen.
Erhebliche Abweichungen des Speedlimits und Haltepunktes (Ihre Boxentafel) werden von der Reko bestraft werden.

Speed limit in the pit lane / pit stop:
The speed limit in the the pit lane is about 130 km/h (80 mph).
The pit stop must be made in the pit lane at your pit board.
The Reko (race comission) will do random investigations.
Significant deviations of the speed limit and breakpoint (your pitboard) will be punished by the Reko.

GPL Easy Installation Guide
GPL Empfohlenes Fahrer Verhalten
www.GPLworld.eu
www.GPLRACER.eu
14.01.11, 13:14:43

AndersOE

(Administrator)

geändert von: AndersOE - 14.01.11, 20:06:14

I made a test this evening and the checkered flag will be shown at the FINISH LINE NEXT TO THE PITS !

I did a testrace on GPLRACER6-server tonight and I didn't see any chequered flag at the finishline, and I made a screen dump of it. The only visible flagman is after the finishline and he waves a yellow flag.
Have you done the test on another server or was it an offlinetest??
Dateianhang (verkleinert):

daytona_finish.jpg (113.62 KByte | 14 mal heruntergeladen | 1.55 MByte Traffic)

14.01.11, 20:04:43

Wolfgang Buthe

(Betatester)

Zitat von AndersOE:

I did a testrace on GPLRACER6-server tonight and I didn't see any chequered flag at the finishline, and I made a screen dump of it. The only visible flagman is after the finishline and he waves a yellow flag.
Have you done the test on another server or was it an offlinetest??

Many thanks Anders and I must say Your eyes are better than my 53 year old eyes lachen
To make things clear I asked Ginetto who made the track and the result is that the race starts at S/F at the pits. Ginetto set the green flag at the backstretch because of the high banked S/F front straight to make it safer. Just as we assumed.
But Ginetto told me, that it is not possible in GPL to have the green and checkered flag at different spots.
Because of this reason the "checkered" flag that finished the race will have random color.
Here what Ginetto wrote:

"The track starts and finish at the S/F line, near the pits. Is not possible to have the green flag at a different position than the checkered one. When the race is finished you see the flagmen at the S/F line ( on the left of the banked turn) waving a flag (random color) and then all the flagmen after him will wave a random flag as well; that's the sign that you have completed the race. Sometimes you see the checkered flag waved by the starter at the backstretch, where the race starts, but is not there that the race is completed, is always at the S/F line."

I hope things are clearer now.
So we will begin with a "half pacelap" when we see green flag at backstretch. No passing until the S/F line at the pit. The starting zone as shown in the announcement thread is watched by the race director for careful action of all drivers.
Please stay cool while the race gets started. No real driver would take high risk at Daytona in the first corners, because any small advantage will be reversed a little bit later on the banking ( slipstream ).
GT racing is another stuff. You need coolness, strategy and a constant high speed over a long distance.
GT racing means bringing back the car in one piece !

Remember that every mistake counts more when the average speed on the track is high as at Daytona. We will catch a big gap while we are off track when other cars are speeding with 190 mph.
You may repair Your car one time on the track without penalty ( one shiftR on track without drive through or pitstop ). If You are not careful again, You only are allowed to shiftR in the pits.

Pitting in Daytona is very difficult because the pitlane entry is close after turn 9. It is not possible to enter the pits at high speeds direct behind turn 9 ( high speed banking ). It is strongly recommended to use the flat road of the inner track circle to get safely to the pits.
Some offline tests will show You the best way into the pitlane.

In the pitlane we have a speed limit about 100km/h or 60mph.
The pitlane starts where the fire-engine-car stands and ends with the orange 76 balloon. Please use the right half of the pitlane before and after You make Your shiftR next to Your pit board.
Be aware of the very tide pit exit and the rail-guard !

Pitting will take a lot of time and the best would be to be careful on the track to prevent pitting.

What safety concerns enough has been written. GPLRacers are
gentlemen driver with a lot of experience and some testing with the new toy GT-mod before the race starts, will do the rest.
We sure will have fair, but hard and exiting fights on the track.

Wolfgang.

15.01.11, 13:15:30
| Neuer Beitrag |
Gehe zu:
Forum Regeln: